Put the verbs into the correct form (simple past).
1. Last year I (spend) my holiday in Ireland.
2. It (be) great.
3. I (travel) around by car with two friends and we (visit) lots of interesting places.
4. In the evenings we usually (go) to a pub.
5. One night we even (learn) some Irish dances.
6. We (be) very lucky with the weather.
7. It (not / rain) a lot.
8. But we (see) some beautiful rainbows.
9. Where (spend / you) your last holiday?
Have a look at James’s last week’s diary and answer the questions in complete sentences. Put the time expression at the end of the sentence.
Thursday=ring Jane, English Course
Friday=buy flowers, Italian cafe
1. When was his English course? →
2. When did he go shopping? →
3. When did he buy flowers? →
4. When was his meeting? →
5. When did he play football? →
6. When did he go to the Italian restaurant? →
7. When did he ring Jane? →
8. When did he go to the cinema? →
9. When did he play tennis? →
10. When was the concert? →
11. When did he go sailing? →